[Wine]Can't load X dll...

Dave Washburn dwashbur at nyx.net
Thu Jul 22 15:02:41 CDT 2004

On Thursday 22 July 2004 13:07, Stefan Munz wrote:
> <snip>

> > > I don't know wether there exists the possibility to "export" a windows
> > > registry this way. The only way I already used is, starting the windows
> > > system, running regedit in windows, export the (complete) registry
> > > there, then reboot and import it using "wine regedit".
> >
> > This machine is not bootable in windows.  The windows-native directory
> > that's on it was copied over from another machine.  But see below.
> >
> > > As far as I know, "wine regedit"  always operates on the registry in
> > > the wine environment, never in real windows-dir. Maybe you can alter
> > > this behaviour by specifying the real windows dir in your wine config
> > > file (therefore you should set "/windows" as your drive c, c:\\windows
> > > as win-dir and c:\\windows \\system as win-system-dir). But I never
> > > tested this and would not use it unless a complete backup of the
> > > windows drive exists.
> >
> > Actually, the "real windows-dir" IS my win-dir in my wine.conf, the
> > /windows directory already is my C drive, and so on.  So if I'm reading
> > this correctly, wine picks up its registry from whatever is configured as
> > the wine-dir in wine.conf rather than defaulting to the registry files in
> > my ~/.wine directory?
>
> As far as I know, wine will use the registry files in ~/.wine if the
> following entry in your wine config is set (which should always be set):
> "LoadHomeRegistryFiles" = "Y"
>
> if you want to load your registry in the win dir as well, use:
> "LoadWindowsRegistryFiles" = "Y"
> in the registry section.

Both are set to Y.

> maybe you can run your program (or try to run ;-) with:
> WINEDEBUG=+loaddll,+dll wine yourprg.exe
> and mail the output.

Here it is, including the command with the name of the exe program:

[daddy at daddy daddy]$ cd /windows/LOGOS20
[daddy at daddy LOGOS20]$ WINEDEBUG=+loaddll,+dll wine ./LOGOS.EXE
trace:loaddll:load_dll Loaded module L"c:\\windows\\system\\advapi32.dll" :
builtin
trace:loaddll:load_dll Loaded module L"c:\\windows\\system\\gdi32.dll" :
builtintrace:loaddll:load_dll Loaded module L"c:
\\windows\\system\\user32.dll" : builtin
trace:loaddll:load_dll Loaded module L"c:\\windows\\system\\winedos.dll" :
builtin
trace:loaddll:MODULE_LoadModule16 Loaded module "krnl386.exe" : builtin
trace:dll:fill_init_list (krnl386.exe) - START
trace:dll:fill_init_list (krnl386.exe) - END
trace:loaddll:MODULE_LoadModule16 Loaded module "system.drv" : builtin
trace:dll:fill_init_list (system.drv) - START
trace:dll:fill_init_list (system.drv) - END
trace:loaddll:MODULE_LoadModule16 Loaded module "GDI.EXE" : builtin
trace:dll:fill_init_list (gdi.exe) - START
trace:dll:fill_init_list (gdi.exe) - END
trace:loaddll:MODULE_LoadModule16 Loaded module "USER.EXE" : builtin
trace:dll:fill_init_list (user.exe) - START
trace:dll:fill_init_list (user.exe) - END
trace:loaddll:MODULE_LoadModule16 Loaded module "keyboard.drv" : builtin
trace:dll:fill_init_list (keyboard.drv) - START
trace:dll:fill_init_list (keyboard.drv) - END
trace:loaddll:load_dll Loaded module L"c:\\windows\\system\\x11drv.dll" :
builtin
trace:loaddll:load_dll Loaded module L"c:\\windows\\system\\imm32.dll" :
builtintrace:loaddll:load_dll Loaded module L"c:
\\windows\\system\\winmm.dll" : builtintrace:loaddll:load_dll Loaded module
L"c:\\windows\\system\\wineoss.drv" : builtin
trace:loaddll:load_dll Loaded module L"c:\\windows\\system\\msacm32.dll" :
builtin
trace:loaddll:load_dll Loaded module L"c:\\windows\\system\\msacm.drv" :
builtintrace:loaddll:load_dll Loaded module L"c:
\\windows\\system\\midimap.drv" : builtin
trace:loaddll:MODULE_LoadModule16 Loaded module "mmsystem.dll" : builtin
trace:dll:fill_init_list (mmsystem.dll) - START
trace:dll:fill_init_list (mmsystem.dll) - END
trace:dll:NE_CallDllEntryPoint Calling mmsystem.dll DllEntryPoint,
cs:ip=114f:0ac1
trace:loaddll:MODULE_LoadModule16 Loaded module "comm.drv" : builtin
trace:dll:fill_init_list (comm.drv) - START
trace:dll:fill_init_list (comm.drv) - END
trace:loaddll:MODULE_LoadModule16 Loaded module "display.drv" : builtin
trace:dll:fill_init_list (display.drv) - START
trace:dll:fill_init_list (display.drv) - END
trace:loaddll:MODULE_LoadModule16 Loaded module "mouse.drv" : builtin
trace:dll:fill_init_list (mouse.drv) - START
trace:dll:fill_init_list (mouse.drv) - END
trace:loaddll:MODULE_LoadModule16 Loaded module "Z:
\\windows\\LOGOS20\\LOGOS.EXE" : native
Could not load 'LEAD40.DLL' required by 'LOGOS20', error=2
[daddy at daddy LOGOS20]$

(Needless to say, the machine's name is "daddy", the default domain is "daddy"
and the user in question is also "daddy"...)

--
Dave Washburn
http://www.nyx.net/~dwashbur