[Wine]Can't load X dll...

Mike Hearn mike at navi.cx
Sun Jul 25 14:27:29 CDT 2004

Stefan Munz <stefan.munz at itomig.de> writes:
>> [Version]
>> ; Windows version to imitate
>> (win95,win98,winme,nt351,nt40,win2k,winxp,win2k3,win20,win30,win31)
>> ;"Windows" = "win98"
>> ; DOS version to imitate
>> ;"DOS" = "6.22"
>
> you should remove ";" from the line starting "Windows" to set your win version
> correctly (but this should not cause the problems with your software)

The latest versions of Wine default to Windows 98 anyway so this
should no longer be necessary.

> this looks ok. but I found out that LEAD40.dll needs a file called lead.vbx in
> the same directory (program and/or windows/system dir).
> if this file is available too, which should be because you use your windows
> drive, you can:
> (because I think this is a path issue) try to load some other dll native i.e.
> advapi32.dll and look wether wine finds this dll.
>
> or (if nobody else has a better idea ;-):
>
> start over again with an empty fake_windows dir. then copy your program dir
> from your windows drive, import your registry and (if needed) copy dll files
> from the windows/system dir.

It'd be far better to simply install it into a clean ~/.wine
directory as generated by Wine. Is there a reason you're copying
files from a real windows drive? If the installer doesn't work we
might want to address that first.

thanks -mike