[Wine]Re: No more /usr/share/wine-c/

Martin Widmark martin.widmark at takeit.se
Mon Jul 26 06:53:41 CDT 2004

Mike Hearn wrote:
> Actually the default from wineprefixcreate is ~/.wine/drive_c

Yes, I've noticed that. The thing is that I used usr/share/wine-c
as a central ro windows dir for all users. I want to have control
over the windows dir, whats installd etc. I don't want
every other user to have a .wine in their home dir, that's an
administative nightmare on systems with thousands of users.

I used usr /share/wine-c 'cause it was convinient. I will
probaly fix this by creating a rpm that takes the c_drive
dir from wineprefixcreate to create my own central wine-c.
Souldn't be too hard to script to auto make new ones from new
monthly wine releases.

I was mostly curious over what happened. Keep up the good work.

Cheers,
--
Martin Widmark
AB TakeIT