[Wine]Help the wine project

Mark Knecht mknecht at controlnet.com
Wed Jul 28 13:02:18 CDT 2004

Ivan Leo Puoti wrote:
> This is a simple thing that will seriously help wine development.
> The wine developers have created a test sistem to check if wine works
> like microsoft windows, but more users are needed to run the tests.
> A windows service has been created for this task, once installed, it will
> download the latest version of the wine tests, run them and  send the
> results to the winehq server. So if you have a computer running
> windows95/98/me/xp/server2003/nt3.51/nt4 then you can really help.
> To run the wine tests, download and install the winrash service from
> this page http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=103445
> thank you, Ivan.

Hi,
    I have Win XP Home, XP Pro, NT 4.0 Server, NT 4.0 Workstation and
Win 2K Pro all running here in the office or at home in my recording studio.

    Please promise me that these tests are not some (not so) funny Linux
developer's way to get back at people who run Windows. These are good
things to do? Safe? Have been tested by others? Will not corrupt my systems?

    With a name like 'Win Rash' it looks like something I really don't
want to touch!!

    I know it's not you Ivan! You're a great guy and very helpful in the
past. If it wasn't someone I'd seen here before I wouldn't even consider
this.

- Mark