[Wine]Help the wine project

Holly Bostick motub at planet.nl
Wed Jul 28 14:52:37 CDT 2004

Mark Knecht wrote:

> Holly Bostick wrote:
>
>> Oh. At the bottom of the *Wine* project page. Which is of course a
>> different page than the winerash page itself.
>>
>> I get it, he's got winetest-200407221000-kevin-mingw.exe and he's
>> running the tests.
>>
>> Here are some errors which may or may not have been logged and
>> included in the report:
>>
>> He got an error popup during the extraction:
>>
>> "Can't parse subtests output of msvcrtd"
>>

>> Very near the completion of the first set of tests (one progress box
>> left to fill), but before the Network tests were started, this
>> message came up:
>>
>> Process "C:\DOCUM~1\Jorden\LOCALS~1\Temp\wct3/user32_test.exe input"
>> timed out.
>>

>> Then, when the test results were offered to be sent, this message:
>>
>> File too big (5.1 MB > 1 MB); submitting partial report.
>>

>> FWIW, hope it's nonetheless useful data.
>>
>> Holly
>

> Interesting. I'm dense I guess. All I got was a winrash service
> running on my box. I see no results. No GUI or window of any type pops
> up for me. There's no readme in the c:\program files\winrash directory.
>
> What step am I missing? How do I get some results?

Go to the (regular) Wine project page at
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=6241 .

At the very very bottom of the page, you should see the 'winetest'
section; download winetest-200407221000-kevin-mingw.exe and run it.

That's it; takes maybe 5 minutes. I would imagine that you could then
uninstall the service (winerash), unless you wanted to leave it around
in case further versions of winetest come out (or unless Ivan says there
is some further use for it after those 5 minutes ;-) ).

Hope this helps.

Holly/