[Wine]Help the wine project

Mark Knecht mknecht at controlnet.com
Wed Jul 28 16:27:03 CDT 2004

Ivan Leo Puoti wrote:
>>That's it; takes maybe 5 minutes. I would imagine that you could then
>>uninstall the service (winerash), unless you wanted to leave it around
>>in case further versions of winetest come out (or unless Ivan says there
>>is some further use for it after those 5 minutes ;-) ).
>
> The whole point of winrash is to download and run new tests when they became
> available, and upload the results.
> It's an anutomatic thing, you won't see anything. You can see the results on the
> wienhq server, test.winehq.com/data
> New tests are released almos every day. Please leave winrash installed if you can.
>
> Ivan.

Ivan,
    OK, so I've installed it on one machine. I see a winrash process. I
used MarkKnecht as a user ID. It's sitting there in memeory, but I
cannot tell if it's actually run any tests. I cannot find my name at the
website you posted, just numbers.

    I'll leave it on this machine for now, and possibly add it to other
machines once I'm convinced that I'm adding value. For now it seems like
nothing is happening, or I cannot verify it.

Cheers,
Mark