[Wine]Help the wine project

Stephen Ogletree 5280dtz02 at sneakemail.com
Wed Jul 28 16:33:11 CDT 2004

On windows XP, with the latest patches/service packs, I got some of the
same errors as below.

Since these were popups and/or crashes, I'll assume they need to be
reported manually.

0.  Small issue: The winrash installer (NSIS) concludes with a window
that has 3 lines that are in blue text to suggest a hyperlink (and the
surrounding text even says "Click the text below to make a bookmark for
the test results") but clicking the text has no visible effect (when
moving the cursor over the text, the cursor does change shape to
indicate the text is clickable, so at least that much works...).   My
default browser is Opera and my security settings in IE are maxed out,
with everything possible disabled.  In Opera, I typically keep popups,
plugins, and javascript disabled, but none of that should keep normal
url to a hml page from opening.

Since installing winrash didn't do anything except put the service in
place and start it, I figured I'd go ahead and download the test
manually.  This rest of this email pertains to
/winetest-200407091000-kevin-mingw.exe/

1.  I received the "Can't parse subtests output of msvcrtd" message
during 'extraction'.  I assume this is the same error Holly reported.

2.  I had a message indicating a timeout during the user32 tests (before
the network tests - this appears to be the same message Holly
reported).   Also, I remember the timeout was occurring back when we
first tried out this testing program a month or two (or 3?) ago, so its
a bug thats been around a while.

3.  I am still seeing an error that I pointed out in the first round of
testing where the test crashes Explorer (this is after the timeout, but
before the prompt to send the results).  Explorer crashing causes all of
my desktop icons to reset to their positions from when I last logged
in/out (which has been a week or two, so this was significant change),
as well as causes some of the SysTray icons to vanish, and finally, of
course I lose the start menu bar and the bar containing the running
application names for a moment, while Windows XP nicely restarts
explorer.exe.  Meanwhile, there's no indication of trouble from the
winetest window.

FWIW: When I agreed to submit my test results, I did *not* receive any
warning about my log being too big.

Stephen Ogletree

P.S.  Having the reply address specify the person that sent an email
instead of the list causes major headaches for people like me that use
services to protect us from spam (e.g. sneakemail).  I'd participate a
lot more if I didn't have to log on to my service to make an 'exception'
to send to the list.  Please, please consider making the Reply go to the
list.  Thanks.

<some parts snipped>