[Wine]regedit not working

Scott F. Kiesling kiesling at pitt.edu
Fri Jul 30 11:27:17 CDT 2004

I just starting using wine; I mostly need it to run Excel, which is what I
run when I get this warning:

ERROR: You need to merge the 'winedefault.reg' file into your
       Wine registry by running: `regedit winedefault.reg'

Excel starts and seems to run OK, apart from not being able to save, which
is another problem for another post.

OK, so I do as I am told, and then get the following error:

/usr/lib/wine/bin/wine: error while loading shared libraries:
libwine.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I have libwine.so.1; do I need to change its permissions or something?

All help appreciated.

SFK

--
Scott F. Kiesling