[Wine]Help the wine project

Joshua Crawford mortarn_lists at yahoo.com.au
Sat Jul 31 03:27:12 CDT 2004

* Michael Chang <michael at cherryblossom.homelinux.com> [2004-07-30 13:12 -0400]:
> On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 14:12:50 +1000, Joshua Crawford
> <mortarn_lists at yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> >* Ivan Leo Puoti <puoti at inwind.it> [2004-07-28 19:14 +0200]:
> >>The wine developers have created a test sistem to check if wine works
> >>like microsoft windows, but more users are needed to run the tests.
> [snip]
> >I installed this on a windows 98se box. I can't say I like having the DOS
> >window open all the time (it's ugly). Can this not be written as a
> >windows programme, and sit in the system tray?
> Yes.  I don't know how, but I know it's possible.  You'd have to probably
> find example code that allows this -- writing that kind of thing requires
> knowledge of the Windows API for the systray.  I think.  Maybe send this
> request to wine-devel?  I don't know (how).  One thing to point out though
> -
> if it ran in the system tray, then you wouldn't be able to run it within
> wine.  (Yes, I know that sounds stupid...)

Cc: to wine-devel added.

<snip console app vs. gui, and resizing window>

> >Also, during the installation process, after I entered my email address,
> >the installer removed what it called 'invalid characters' - i.e.,
> >underscores.
> >All my main email addresses contain underscores, so I was forced to
> >enter an old one that is not very reliable.
>
> How'd this happen?  Underscores are very much valid characters in e-mails.
> Was the installation check only accepting alpha-numeric characters as
> the user part of the e-mail?  Dashes should also be acceptable, in both
> the username and the domain name.  (Otherwise, how could we send e-mail
> to the "wine-users" account of the mail server so the mailman service
> could get to them?)

It boggles me too.

Something new: I just booted up that system for the first time since
installing winrash (it's not used often), and Windows complained about it
performing an illegal operation. Naturally, I tried repeating that by
rebooting, and it didn't do it again.
--
Joshua 'bruce' Crawford ... http://www.geocities.com/mortarn

"Always be sincere, even when you don't mean it." -Irene Peter