[Wine]using native windows dlls

Mike Hearn mike at navi.cx
Sat Jul 31 07:05:57 CDT 2004

On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 22:54:57 +0200, Carl Weitz wrote:
> I still have a Win98 SE CD and license that's not used any more.  Does it make sense
> to install this on an extra partition and use it as the basis for a wine installation?
> Or copy everything from that partition to fake_windows?

No, this does not make any sense, Wine is designed to operate without the
presence of Windows and if you have a license, individual DLLs can be
downloaded from dll-files.com.

You can however install Win98 into QEMU CVS and it'll run at an acceptable
speed for light work/testing purposes.

thanks -mike