[Wine]starcraft fails right at the end of the install

Michael Chang michael at cherryblossom.homelinux.com
Sat Jul 31 19:05:19 CDT 2004

On Sat, Jul 31, 2004 at 04:41:11PM -0500, Ryan Underwood wrote:

> > linux/windows integration, that is a good point.  Mind, short of
> > actually copying the link resolutions to your GUI's internal menu --
> > that would require wine knowing what kind of window manager you use, and
> > making sure that doesn't change or that the shortcuts are moved if you
> > change window managers.
>
> The Debian menu system uses some kind of hook for this.  Installing an
> application under WINE adds its start menu entries to the Programs->Wine
> menu on my system.  Very convenient.

Really? I never realized!  I run Debian myself.  Are you referring to
the debian package, or installed from winehq sources?  And which window
manager do you use?  I don't seem to have that feature - I use xfce.  My
theory is that it's KDE or GNOME specific, more likely the former than
the later as I never recall seeing a Programs->Wine menu on my old
window manager, which was  GNOME-compatable.