Confused about CVS checkout of 20040505

Mark Knecht mknecht at controlnet.com
Fri Jun 4 11:49:27 CDT 2004

Hi,
    I'm confused. Do the instructions for a CVS checkout on the WineHQ
page give me CVS on a daily basis, or do they give me something more
like the last official major release of Wine?

    I'm not in sync with another user of Wine. A program compiles for
him and doesn't compile for me. We've determined that the file
/usr/local/include/wine/library.h between our installtions declares
wine_init differently. He asked me to get Wine-20040505, but I thought I
already had that:

mark at flash mark $ wine --version
Wine 20040505
mark at flash mark $

I'm confused. Do I have Wine 20040505? I used:

mark at flash mark $  export CVSROOT=:pserver:cvs at cvs.winehq.org:/home/wine
mark at flash mark $ cvs login

cvs

mark at flash mark $  cvs -z 0 checkout wine
mark at flash mark $ cd wine/
mark at flash mark $ tools/wineinstall

If I don't actually have EXACTLY Wine 20040505, then how do I check that
out?

Thanks,
Mark