wine immediately crashes

Pavel Troller patrol at sinus.cz
Tue Jun 8 13:43:21 CDT 2004

Hi!
  I have a problem with recent CVS versions of wine - they immediately segfault.
  I'm using a relatively new glibc from RedHat's CVS with nptl and kernel 2.6.6
  with exec-shield, but I know how to disable it ant it segfaults without it as
well.
  The interesting thing is that the crash is in the wine loader code (wine
executable itself) so when I start wine-pthread binary manually instead of wine,
I get a fully operational wine.
  The problem is about 1 - 2 weeks old, formerly I used wine with no problems
at all.
                                With regards, Pavel Troller