what's your mirc experience?

Joao Clemente jpcl at rnl.ist.utl.pt
Thu Jun 10 02:24:27 CDT 2004

Hello.
I would like some comments on mirc support over wine.
I'm having trouble installing the news versions of wine, so before I spend
more time arguing with it I would like to know what has been your experience
with mirc over wine.
The last version of wine I was able to run (and one crossover 2.x version of
crossweavers) made mirc look somewhat weird... fonts were somewhat small,
for instance.
Besides that (and what concernes me most) is that if I maximized a window
inside mirc I would lose control of the interface.. I would no longer be
able to access the controls (restore/minimize/close) for that window.

What about you? Someone using a recent ( lets say < 3 months old) version of
wine has a better experience?

Thanks
Joao Clemente

Ps: I posted to wine ml about 4 years ago because of problems with
portuguese keyboard; I keep finding problems with it in the last version I
was able to try. Crossover version worked fine tough...

---