Program Arguments Broken?

John Peak jpeak at elucidation.biz
Thu Jun 10 07:57:25 CDT 2004

I have an unusual (although not unheard of) situation where I need to pass
a parameter to a Java program that is running under wine.  My command
looks something like:

wine ../../Java/j2re1.4.1_01/bin/java.exe \
      -classpath $LOCALCLASSPATH com.jet.jdbc.server.JETProxyServer \
      -config $CONFIG_FILE

Note that the "-classpath" parm should be passed to java.exe and the
"-config" parm should be passed to the JETProxyServer Java program.
Problem is that both parameters get passed to the java.exe.

It appears that the way wine passes program arguments has been refactored
so that this may no longer possible.  I am using CVS development version
20040505.

Note that I know this was possible in earlier versions of Wine.  I am
following an excellent HowTo by Florian Wunderlich
(http://www.winehq.org/hypermail/wine-devel/2004/04/0804.html) on how to
get Jdbc/Odbc/MSAccess working on Linux.

TIA.