Program Arguments Broken?

John Peak jpeak at elucidation.biz
Thu Jun 10 14:28:47 CDT 2004

>> Thanks for the response.  So I guess I am confused.  Is there any way I
>> can do what I outlined below or is this impossible?  That is can I pass
>> parameter to the JetProxyServer or does wine always "intercept" it and
>> pass it to java.exe?  Regards, John

> It is totally impossible, there is no JetProxyServer program to pass it
> parameters. What I think is supposed to happen:
>
> - wine launches java.exe and passes it ALL the parameters;
> - java.exe inspects the parameters, takes JetProxyServer, launches it
> and passes it the -config parameter.

I completely agree with you on how it should work.

I don't think this is what is happening though.  I get an "Unrecognized
option: -config" from java.exe instead of the config argument actually
being passed into the JetProxyServer.  It appears that wine may somehow be
reordering the command-line parameters.

If I take wine out of the picture and call Java using the following
command it works properly:

java -cp $LOCALCLASSPATH com.jet.jdbc.server.JETProxyServer -config
$CONFIG_FILE

If I modify this and do

java -cp $LOCALCLASSPATH -config com.jet.jdbc.server.JETProxyServer
$CONFIG_FILE

I get "Unrecognized option: -config"

John