Program Arguments Broken?

John Peak jpeak at
Fri Jun 11 18:45:44 CDT 2004

> Sure. And the question is why it complains about it instead of silently
> passing it to com.jet.jdbc.server.JETProxyServer. Is it possible hat
> there is something wrong with that parameter or the processing of that
> parameter?
> In the end you may have to debug this thing. Run wine with
> "WINEDEBUG=+relay wine ..."; direct the output to a file; load it in an
> editor and look for the first occurrence of "Unrecognized option:"; from
> that point upward look what the program is doing and reasons for
> failure.
I did this, but frankly cannot make much sense of the output. I do get the

002a:Ret  ntdll.RtlEnterCriticalSection() retval=00000000 ret=406c24b6
002a:Call kernel32.WriteFile(0000000c,406f5040,00000048,4066fbc0,00000000)
Unrecognized option: -config

I am pretty convinced this is a recently introduced problem with how wine
processes command-line arguments.  The following posting indicates this
used to work on wine20040309.

Any ideas?  Thanks -John