FreeBSD 4.10-STABLE wine-20040615 build

eternal eternal at antelecom.net
Sat Jun 19 12:36:15 CDT 2004

On Sat, 2004-06-19 at 01:54, Anish Mistry wrote:

> On Friday 18 June 2004 02:11 pm, J. W. Ballantine wrote:
> > Sorry, using today's cvs, without the thread lib additions, it
> > fails.
> >
> Yeah, you still have to set the LIBS, LDFLAGS, and CC environmental variables
> so it gets built.  I can get it built, but complains about not being able the
> mmap address space when try to start it though.

similar here...  i grabed a fresh cvs late last night, and tried the
gmake routine, which failed with the mutex pthread error messiness.
did `setenv CC "/usr/local/bin/gcc33 -pthread"', and then `make clean'.
then `./configure', `gmake depend', `gmake', `gmake install'
(individually, to make sure all went well).  it seemed to (that was the
first time i saw wine build from source on my box).  when i try `wine
--version', it returns:
wine: failed to initialize: /usr/local/lib/wine/ntdll.dll.so: mmap of
entire address space failed: Cannot allocate memory

hmmm...