Long shot: Can anyone get Rapidocs to work under WINE 20040615?

Aron Preseley epreseley at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 22 09:14:14 CDT 2004

I know this is a long shot, but if anyone has tried this, or is bored enough
to give it a shot, I'd really like to know why Rapidocs will not work under
WINE 20040615 (I'm using the rpm for Fedora Core1)?

Rapidocs Classic is a well known (quite simple!) program to view/create
legal documents.  It can be downloaded for free from
http://www.rapidocs.com/rc/index.cfm?fuseaction=classic

It requires IE3 or later.  I am using a fresh .wine after installing IE6
using Mike Hearn's brilliant script at http://bylands.dur.ac.uk/~mh/wine-ie
(which worked flawlessly by the way).

Rapidocs installs, but gets complaints from mfc42.dll and is basically
worthless after that.  It will not load any documents, and you cannot even
quit--the OK button doesn't even work.

Anyhow, I know this is pretty vague, but maybe someone has been successful
and could tell me what I'm supposed to do?

Thanks,
Aron