[Wine]Re: I can't see any printer in wine

Klaus-Peter Schrage kpschrage at gmx.de
Sat Jun 26 06:16:08 CDT 2004

Duane Clark wrote:
> antovar at yahoo.com wrote:
>
>> If I switch to CUPS, will I see printers in wine?
>

> It should work either way. I have a Redhat 7.3 system without CUPS, and
> printing in Wine works ok.

Printing is problem of mine too. With Redhat 9, CUPS, and earlier
versions of wine (sorry, can't be more specific about that) printing
worked out of the box.

Now, with Fedora Core 2, cups-1.1.20-11.1, Wine 20040615, when opening
the print dialog in notepad or wordpad, all entries are blank, nada.

In system.reg I can see:
[System\\CurrentControlSet\\Control\\Print\\Printers] 1085240331

In /windows/win.ini there is neither a [devices] nor a [windows]
section, only [intl].

Of course, CUPS printing from any linux application works fine.

Any insight would be highly appreciated.
Klaus