[Wine]Re: I can't see any printer in wine

Klaus-Peter Schrage kpschrage at gmx.de
Sun Jun 27 07:25:19 CDT 2004

Duane Clark wrote:

> Are you compiling Wine? If you do, then you need to make sure that the
> cups-devel package is installed. If you install it, then to recompile
> Wine, first do a "make distclean", and recompile Wine from scratch.

Thanks, Duane, must have been this cups-devel thing. I recompiled wine
and now printing works like a charm.
<blush>I had this issue before when last installing a new distro - RH 9
a year back - but my long term memory ... </blush>

>> In system.reg I can see:
>> [System\\CurrentControlSet\\Control\\Print\\Printers] 1085240331
>

> I was more interested in the contents of the entire section; that is the
> lines following the header, but before the next header (headers being
> the part between the brackets[]).

What's quoted *was* the entire section then, but now there's lot of
stuff about my two printers.
Klaus