Unhandled Exception with Excel

Jeff Melville jmelvil1 at rochester.rr.com
Tue Mar 2 19:53:01 CST 2004

I am running Mandrake 10RC1 w/ Kernel 2.6.something

Excel installed off the cd without a hitch. But when I run excel:

$ wine -- EXCEL.EXE
Could not stat /mnt/fd0 (No such file or directory), ignoring drive A:
fixme:ole:CoRegisterMessageFilter stub
fixme:font:WineEngCreateFontInstance Untranslated charset 255
fixme:font:WineEngCreateFontInstance just using first face for now
fixme:font:WineEngCreateFontInstance Untranslated charset 255
fixme:font:WineEngCreateFontInstance just using first face for now
fixme:font:WineEngCreateFontInstance Untranslated charset 255
fixme:font:WineEngCreateFontInstance just using first face for now
fixme:font:WineEngCreateFontInstance Untranslated charset 255
fixme:font:WineEngCreateFontInstance just using first face for now
wine: Unhandled exception (thread 0009), starting debugger...
err:seh:start_debugger Couldn't start debugger ("winedbg --debugmsg -all
8 244") (2)
Read the Wine Developers Guide on how to set up winedbg or another debugger

I'm guessing that the mandrake rpm just doesn't come with the debugger.
I have had this problem before on installs with a debugger, and I wasn't
able to do much useful with that either. As I have seen in another post,
even winecfg can cause this unhandled exception.

Is this a known bug/remaining issues with NTPL?  I'd really like to get
some wine apps going...