wine & outlook express

Doug dthompson at brickbarn.com
Mon Mar 8 11:25:10 CST 2004

Nerry Sharian wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am new to wine ...but not to UNIX. I am trying to configure an
> environment that will utilize both win and linux. One issue is to be
> able to use Outlook Express on RH9 box. Or to be precise to use a mail
> client without corrupting the Outlook Express Inbox directory.(contains
> dbx files).  - I want to use the same Inbox from Linux and Win OS.
>
> When trying to install Outlook Express with the command /--debugmsg
> +loaddll/  I get a list of dll's of Win OS ...with the instruction to
> copy them into the system directory of wine - windows. (something like
> ~/.wine/c/windows/system)
>
> my question:
> where from can I get these dll files? If it is from Windows OS
> installation CD, then, what is the point ? - the idea is not to use MS
> OS files.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Nerry

This isn't a direct answer to your questions, but if all else fails you might consider using Mozilla Thunderbird.  I recently set up TBird 0.5 to use one common set of address and mailbox files on both W98 and SuSE 9.0.  It is working well with 7 different email addresses on 4 different domains.

Good luck,
Doug