DLL - registry

Fabian Cenedese Cenedese at indel.ch
Mon Mar 15 03:11:14 CST 2004

>I am very new with wine. I tried different windows programms without
>success. The programms starts short time and crashes with the error
>message, that it could not find a DLL-file. Does I have to declare all
>DLL-files, which the programm use? That would be a long list! Or is it a
>problem of the registry?
>The first programm I tried, is already installed at a windows-partition
>(XP), the second I tried to install with the setup programm von a dvd.
>Can anybody advice me, what to do?

Usually a program installs its own dlls, so if you have it installed on
Windows you need to copy the dlls (if you know which) to your fake
c-drive/windows/system. But better would be to install the program
right on wine. If this fails please report the error mesages, failures,
experiences, whatever.

bye  Fabi