how to stop the screen depth being changed ?

bruce+999 at bruce+999 at
Wed Mar 17 00:42:12 CST 2004

When trying to run an application, the application has an error box that states that it was unable to get a 1024x768x24 resolution screen.

When I had a poke around I found a number of places that had this code...
if (dwBpp == 24) dwBpp = 32;

if I comment these out, the application works fine.

however that is not to my liking, is there another way ?

(Actually I added an option in wine-20040309/dlls/x11drv/x11drv_main.c setup_options to suppress this, but the effect is the same)