ie6 and wine 20040309 - starts, loads page then stops responding

Rein Klazes rklazes at xs4all.nl
Fri Mar 19 02:33:56 CST 2004

On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 09:39:54 +0200, you wrote:

> > I am curious: why this mix of builtin/native? There are several
> > suspicious combinations.
> Didn't work otherwise at all.
>
> > Try with all these set to "native".
> Tried now, it said no implementation for various dlls. I've got these
> from the net:
> advapi32.dll  kernel32.dll  msvcrt.dll  ole32.dll
> and still doesn't start, saying:

You cannot just get some dll from the net and expect it to work with
what you already have. Versions are important and mixing versions is a
cause for troubles in various forms.

> wine IEXPLORE.EXE
> fixme:actctx:CreateActCtxW stub!
> err:module:import_dll No implementation for
> KERNEL32.dll.GetSystemWow64DirectoryW imported from
> L"C:\\WINDOWS\\SYSTEM\\ole32.dll", setting to 0xdeadbeef
> err:module:import_dll No implementation for
> ADVAPI32.dll.DuplicateEncryptionInfoFile imported from
> L"C:\\WINDOWS\\SYSTEM\\ole32.dll", setting to 0xdeadbeef
> err:module:import_dll No implementation for
> ntdll.dll.RtlCheckForOrphanedCriticalSections imported from
> L"C:\\WINDOWS\\SYSTEM\\ole32.dll", setting to

You are using a NT/Win2K/XP ole dll. That does not work at all. For ole
dll's (that includes the rpcrt4 dll) it is either builtin or win9x. The
usual trick is to install dcom95.exe or dcom98.exe, that might be on
your CD.

> 0xdeadbeeferr:module:import_dll Loading library RPCRT4.dll (which is
> needed by L"C:\\WINDOWS\\SYSTEM\\ole32.dll") failed (error c0000020).

Missing native rpcrt4.dll

Rein.
--
Rein Klazes