ie6 and wine 20040309 - starts, loads page then stops responding

Marius Andreiana mandreiana at
Fri Mar 19 03:03:09 CST 2004

On Fri, 2004-03-19 at 10:33, Rein Klazes wrote:
> You cannot just get some dll from the net and expect it to work with
> what you already have. Versions are important and mixing versions is a
> cause for troubles in various forms.
ok. I've manually got the dlls from dcom98.exe and put this in .wine

"browseui" = "native"
"comctl32" = "native"
"commctrl" = "native"
"crypt32" = "native"
"mshtml" = "native"
"msvcrt" = "builtin"
"ole32" = "native"
"oleaut32" = "native"
"pngfilt" = "native"
"rpcrt4" = "native"
"shdocvw" = "native"
"shell" = "native"
"shell32" = "native"
"shfolder" = "native"
"softpub" = "native"
"shlwapi" = "native"
"urlmon" = "native"
"wininet" = "native"
"rpcrt4" = "native"

Now I only get
fixme:actctx:CreateActCtxW stub!
and return to shell prompt.

I tried with a native msvcrt.dll (which is 266,293 bytes long), the

I have system.reg file from Franks corner. The default gives the same.

Any help appreciated.

Marius Andreiana
Galuna - Solutii Linux in Romania