Printing simply DOES NOT WORK; print dialog just stays open

JLB jlb at twu.net
Sat Mar 20 05:41:28 CST 2004

On Sat, 20 Mar 2004, Joachim von Thadden wrote:

> Am Sam, Mär 20, 2004 at 04:40:10 -0500 schrieb JLB:
> > Nopers, and it FREAKS OUT when I go into Printer Setup and select a page
> > orientation (e.g. Portrait)
>
> Hmmm, seems that you first have to learn how to configure printing? Look
> in the Documentation section on winehq for that. If you use Cups
> everything is done for you otherwise add something like this to your
> config:
>
> [ppd]
> "XXX" = "/usr/share/doc/wine-20031212/samples/generic.ppd"

I most certainly do not use CUPS. CUPS stinks. Easy to use, my foot. Even
Apple's distribution of CUPS is hideously unuseable, overly
"complexified" (to quote the Xchagger from Star Control 3), and
like pulling teeth in all ways imagineable.

I use good old-fashioned BSD lpd-- no bloody A, B, C _OR_ D!

I will try your suggestion. Thanks!

--
Jessica L. Blank, Systems Administrator, twu.net