wordfast, word 2000, + wine

Joachim von Thadden thadden at web.de
Thu Mar 25 04:12:21 CST 2004

Am Don, Mär 25, 2004 at 10:24:48 +0100 schrieb Anze Slosar:
> Hi,
>
> I have succesfully installed word 2000 under wine on a suse 9.0 box.
> Now I want to install wordfast (http://www.wordfast.net) on top of it.
> Wordfast is a visual basic piece of software for word (basically ou
> install it by putting a .dot file into yout Office/Startup) which is
> essential for professional translators.
>
> This configuration is known to work using Cross-over.
>
> Now what happens in my case is that the wordfast button appears on the
> toolbar, but when I click on it wine starts complaining furiously and goes
> into debugger a bit latter.
>
> Could anybody give me a suggestion? I guess that I need to feed it an
> original windows DLL but not sure which one does to job... Any idea on how
> cross-over does it?

1. Your error description is so unspecific that nobody can help you with
this! What is the output? Does it complain about missing DLLs? Did you
install DCOM98? What else is installed in your Wine drive? Did you
install IE6? What version of wine are you using? Did you try different
versions of wine? Did you install Office 2k or only Word 2k?  Did you
install any service packs for Office/Word? Did you install any other
extensions to Office/Word?

2. I tried it on my system with wine-20031212, IE6, Office 2K SR1 and it
works very nice. Now I have to think how to remove it :-)

3. Here is my normal advice: Use wine-20031212 or the 200403xx, not the
ones in between. Install IE6 first with method three from Frank`s
Corner. Install Office2k and SR1 for it. Than try again!

Regards
	Joachim
          Never run a touchy system!!!"