sequencer (sound)

Brian bwalter1 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 26 13:28:34 CST 2004

Greetings!

Hope this is the right forum.

Got the 20040309 wine source, built it, installed it.

Seemns to work reasonably well.

However, when attempting to install/run games that are stated to be
working under wine (Caesar III, Railroad Tycoon II), I can install (in
the case of Caesar III, I get sound, none in RRTII).  However, when
attempting to run Caesar, it hangs, and I get a blank screen. (I assume
it has something to do with the sound)

In the RT2 case, it appears the game works, except for sound, though I
get the following errors:

fixme:mci:MCI_LoadMciDriver Couldn't load driver for type D:.
If you don't have a windows installation accessible from Wine,
you perhaps forgot to create a [mci] section in system.ini
fixme:mci:MCI_LoadMciDriver Couldn't load driver for type D:.
If you don't have a windows installation accessible from Wine,
you perhaps forgot to create a [mci] section in system.ini
fixme:ddraw:Main_DirectDraw_SetCooperativeLevel
(0x402080b8)->(00010021,00000013)
fixme:x11drv:X11DRV_desktop_SetCurrentMode Cannot change screen BPP from
32 to 8fixme:x11drv:X11DRV_desktop_SetCurrentMode Cannot change screen
BPP from 32 to 8fixme:ddraw:DIB_DirectDrawSurface_Blt dwFlags DDBLT_WAIT
and/or DDBLT_ASYNC: can't handle right now.
fixme:x11drv:X11DRV_DDHAL_CreatePalette stub
fixme:ddraw:Main_DirectDraw_SetCooperativeLevel
(0x402080b8)->(00010021,00000008)
wine: Unhandled exception (thread 0009), starting debugger...
Could not stat /mnt/fd0 (No such file or directory), ignoring drive A:
WineDbg starting on pid 8
Can't find file for ELF 'wine-kthread' ((nil))

I do have a system.ini, with the following:

[mci]
MPEGVideo=mciqtz.drv
MPEGVideo2=mciqtz.drv
avivideo=mciavi.drv
cdaudio=mcicda.drv
sequencer=mciseq.drv
vcr=mcivisca.drv
; videodisc=mcipionr.drv
waveaudio=mciwave.drv

[drivers32]
MSACM.imaadpcm=imaadp32.acm
MSACM.msadpcm=msadp32.acm
VIDC.MRLE=msrle32.dll
; VIDC.IV50=ir50_32.dll
; VIDC.CVID=iccvid.dll
; VIDC.IV31=ir32_32.dll
; VIDC.IV32=ir32_32.dll
; VIDC.MSVC=msvidc32.dll

I assume this is from the default install configure.

And the final bit of info:

winecheck says the sequencer isn't there, maybe missing kernel driver etc...

I recently installed alsa, using cards=intel8x0 and with-sequencer=yes.

Hope this made sense....

TIA!
Brian