Steel Panthers - World at War

JusTiCe8 justice8 at wanadoo.fr
Wed Mar 31 02:35:20 CST 2004

Hi,

Olli Nevalainen wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm running Debian 3.02r (with 2.6.3 kernel) with OSS and KDE on my
> box. I'm trying to install Steel Panthers - World at War and other
> apps with wine but unfortunatelly it crashes. I installed the newest
> wine (wine-20040309) and compiled with ./configure, make depend, make
> and make install. After that I configured the wine with wineinstall.

[...]

> As you can see I have a some kind of a problem with /dev/sequencer.
> How do I fix this problem? And yes...I tried to check that
> /usr/src/linux/Documentation/modules.txt but that file didn't exist.
> I have tried to use winearts driver instead of wineoss, but I got the
> same errors with it. Does anyone have any good ideas to fix this
> problem? I have also tried to install other applications (eMule and
> Winamp, but those crashes, too). Only app I have managed to get
> running is NOTEPAD.EXE =)

I have also a Debian/woody, and I use wine 20040309 too (my winecfg
score is lower than your) and I have no big trouble with SPWAW but
notice that I have not installed it on wine but on win xp first then I
just put SPWAW directory to a writable one (I think SPWAW is not well
coded because it crash if directory is RO, it eat all CPU ressources and
start with sound volume turn loudest ;( but it's another issue).
Also, tou should take a look at this :
http://www.ibiblio.org/sinner/Steel/linux_en.html, it could help you.

Concerning kernel module issue, file exists whe, you install a kernel
source package, so maybe your kernel miss a loadable module for handling
sequencer. Perhpas you could disable it in wine config (maybe by
comenting some lines).

Regards,

  J8.