Virtual Dub and NtFs

Stephen Mollett molletts at yahoo.com
Sat May 1 04:31:52 CDT 2004

Hi,

On Saturday 01 May 2004 05:47, Ben Jolitz wrote:
> Why can't we emulate an ntfs? You have unix, fat, and win95, but no ntfs.
> Background:
> Virtual Dub can save raw video. Raw video has the highest quality. But
> if the file is over 2 g, then it fails. Reason is that win95 restricts
> files over 2gb. NtFs doesn't.

I came across that too. There's a hack that used to work but it doesn't work
on the most recent wines (since about 20040309). In files/drive.c, search
for:

and change it to:

then VirtualDub thinks it's running on an NTFS drive and you can save huge
files.

I've had a quick look at 20040408 but there doesn't appear to be a direct
equivalent that can be hacked.

Regards,
Stephen