Virtual Dub and NtFs

Rein Klazes rklazes at xs4all.nl
Sat May 1 05:45:14 CDT 2004

On Sat, 1 May 2004 11:16:24 +0100, you wrote:

> On Saturday 01 May 2004 10:56, Rein Klazes wrote:
> > On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 23:47:41 -0500, you wrote:
> > AFAIK, if the "real" file system supports large files, Wine will do as
> > well. Does it not work?
>
> It works, but only with programs that don't check what filesystem they're
> running on. VirtualDub checks whether the file is being saved on a FAT or
> NTFS drive by retrieving the filesystem properties and refuses to save beyond
> 2GB if it's reported as FAT. (Obviously, on a real Windoze system, saving
> beond 2GB on FAT would fail.)
>
> My hack simply changed Wine's response so that it reported the simulated
> volume to be an NTFS one.

I see. At the moment wine's file handling/configuration is changed
almost on a daily basis. Today you would probably have to hack
dlls/kernel/volume.c, tomorrow that may have changed

I cc 'd this to the developers list, see if anyone knows if a more
permanent solution is already planned.

Rein.
--
Rein Klazes