Runtime Error - abnormal program termination

Lindner lindner_marek at yahoo.de
Wed May 5 02:03:35 CDT 2004

Joachim von Thadden wrote:

>Am Die, Mai 04, 2004 at 11:02:06 +0200 schrieb Lindner:
>

>>What do these messages mean ?
>>

>Nothing, if you don't tell us *anything* about the
>- program
>- wine version
>- OS
>- kernel version
>- distribution
>- installation type
>- run type (from a win partition or standalone)
>- preinstalled programms or libraries
>- your attempts to fix the problem
>
>Sorry, but I get every day these "it does not work" error descriptions.
>Is it so difficult to give a detailed error description?
>
>Regards
>	Joachim

I agree with you - omitting these infos was daft !
Sometimes I'm as angry as you when other people want me to solve their
problems and forget to mention these *important* details ...     :-(

program: It's a German program called "Immobilienverwaltung 3.5" created
by the "Presto Verlag" ( www.presto.de ) . Don't think it's know out there.

wine version, OS, kernel version, distribution, installation type: I
updated the pre-installed wine with the most recent wine-rpm from SF
(Wine 20040408) on my SuSE 9.1 (2.6.4-52-default).

run type: Standalone (fake_windows) - I don't have any win partition !

Attempts to fix:
At first the string "ole" from wine's output got my attention:
"fixme:ole:CoCreateInstance no classfactory created for CLSID
{48071bd8-a9f0-11d0-954b-00a0c911760e}, hres is 0x80040154". I thought
that IMMO (Immobilienverwaltung 3.5)  is looking for some OLE-Connection
to MS Office - so installed MS Office 97 but nothing changed.
How is OLE handled by Wine ?

Then I read through the installation guide but couldn't find any
information related to my problem. Well, the major problem is that I
don't know the problem !  ;-)
I mean the information from the program (Runtime Error - abnormal
program termination) is not that useful. Thats why I'm posting to that
list. I hope you can point me in the right direction.

Thanks
Marek