Help required: On installing oracle(windows) client on WINE

Agrawal, Arun arun.agrawal at nucleussoftware.com
Wed May 5 02:26:36 CDT 2004

hi,

when I am trying to install windows oracle client on wine (linux) then during
installation I am getting a error " user.avf(69): FILE_NOT_FOUND while
getting system root " and then installation is terminating.

My objective is to run VB application(needs oracle connectivity) on linux
using wine.
If any body has any idea either to install oracle (window version) on wine or
to use linux version of oracle client in the VB form to connect with oracle
database then please let me know.

Thanks in advance for any help extended.

Regards,
Arun