How to force winelib to build a DLL

eav at mail.nnov.ru eav at mail.nnov.ru
Wed May 5 08:48:43 CDT 2004

Hello,

I use the latest 2004-08 wine release on rh7.3
I tried to compile a simple wine DLL from my sources but it is alwayw
wine-exe (?) that is built ( mydll.dll.exe.so ) for mydll.dll target.

'wine' reports 'get EXE instead of DLL' when i try to use it instead on
win32 native dll.

I used 'winemaker .' and 'winemaker --dll .', it doesn't create
any 'configure', just Makefile, and it seems the result is the same.

I tried 'winebuild -fPIC -o myspec.c myspec' and link the result with my
DLL but it seems i still have the same output.

I tried to force -shared to 'winegcc' , it asks for spec file.

Should I create a spec file and a DLL will be built to build only with
it, and if yes, can it be created automatically with a tool (winedump) ?
I tried '100 stdcall foo(ptr)' but it is reported as malformed(?)

What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks a lot