Problem with CloneCD :-)

pvriens at xs4all.nl pvriens at xs4all.nl
Thu May 6 08:00:46 CDT 2004

Hi,

just out of curiosity I was trying to install the latest CloneCD trial
version on the latest Wine from CVS.

The problem I'm seeing is that CloneCD writes an entry to the registry:

\\HKLM\\System\\CurrentControlSet\\Services\\ElbyCDIO

with underneath (amongst others):

ImagePath(REG_EXPAND_SZ) : System32\Drivers\ElbyCDIO.sys

When I run CloneCD it tries to start this 'service':

- the registry is opened and ImagePath is read (OK)
- then StartServiceA is called -> StartServiceW -> ... ->
ExpandEnvironmentStringsW and the ImageValue is passed back (OK)
- now StartServiceW tries to start the service
'System32\\Drivers\\ElbyCDIO.sys' (WRONG)

I don't know the windows behaviour but I suspect that we should try to
start the service as %WINDIR%\\<the ImagePath value>

I'm running the 'wine CloneCD.exe' from the installation path of CloneCD.

I'm facing more problems than this one, and probably will never use
CloneCD on Linux but the behaviour is not correct in my opinion.

Any ideas/remarks ?

Cheers,

Paul Vriens.