Iexplore 6 sometimes opens windows update as homepage

Martin Widmark martin at takeit.se
Fri May 7 04:35:09 CDT 2004

Mark Knecht wrote:

> For me IE does this even running Windows.

Yeah, I've encountered it too.

Iexplorer seems to put a key into users.reg the second time I run and
close it. It seems to recognize something and fill it in automatically.
A quick and ugly fix is to write-protect user.reg, but then no other
changes would be possible, say as toolbar customisation.

May be that all it takes is to add the keyes that ie seems to miss.
Maybe then i can get it to not add the
"open winupdate as homepage next time"-key.

Best wishes,
Martin Widmark
AB TakeIT