Wine & Warcraft 3: again

soppelsa.anton at virgilio.it soppelsa.anton at virgilio.it
Tue May 11 04:07:06 CDT 2004

Hi, I'm a new Wine user. I downdloaded the wine-20040505 source code and
I compiled it on my pc. My problem is that the game Warcraft 3 says it can't
find the cdrom. I thinked it was a problem with the copy protection, but
this morning, in the 2 years old mail on this server i read that a lot of
users can play War 3 under Wine without problems even in battle.net. Is
this possible without changing in the code of warcraft? Is this possible
using only free-software (not taking into account War 3 itself, of course)?
Someone can help me?
Thanks