Winelib Native Linux App

Ivan Leo Murray-Smith puoti at inwind.it
Wed May 12 17:26:25 CDT 2004

> The devel group suggests it's not for support issues.
Most winelib users/developers are on wine-devel, so it may be a good idea to
post there.
> This isn't my idea of being able to be run directly.
Unfortunately that's how winelib works. Your app must be a shared lib, that you
run by using wine.
There is a hack in the devel list archives that allows you to use winelib as a
shared lib, but it isn't supported by winehq.
> I've managed to re-compile my test app with Kylix and link it
> to the Wine libraries.
You have to provide wine with your lib, all the win32 functions your app calls
are implemented in the wine libs, but for various reasons you also need to run
the wine binary, so you have to use your app as a shared lib that you run via wine.

Ivan.