Pegasus Mail 4.12a displays reverse text in message window

Timo Steuerwald timo.steuerwald at gmx.de
Mon May 17 17:40:59 CDT 2004

Hello together!

I got the following problem and I haven't found a solution or bug report
at the wine site: If I start pegasus mail (I use the latest version:
4.12a) I will get "reverse text" in the preview mirror at the down right
side. This means the content of the email (only the body, not the subject
or recipient list) is written from the right side to the left side. If I
now open an email via the menu button or double click to get a separate
full-size window for this mail then there will be also subject and
recipient list in "reverse text style", the body will be displayed just
like in the preview window.

If I write a new mail, then the text will also go from the right to the
left side, but if I now select another font i.e. "Century Gothic" the text
will be displayed properly.
If I now change back to Arial font (the default) then the text will be
again displayed from right to left. So it looks like a simple font
problem, but where should I change something to fix this problem?
- I wonder, because the Arial font works perfect under X in i.e. Open
Office. Also in Pegasus Mail in the menu, editfields (the single line text
fields) and so on is IMHO the Arial font used, there appears no problem.
This problem seems to be textarea (multiline text fields) specific.

This error appears if I use the managed or the desktop mode (unmanaged
don't work for me with this application). I use Wine version
0.0.20040505-1 and use a native Windows 98 SE System for the emulation.

Any ideas?

Bye,

Timo

P.S.: This was the output on the console, may be this is interesting:

Converted drive type to new entry HKLM\Software\Wine\Drives "C:" = L"hd"
Converted drive type to new entry HKLM\Software\Wine\Drives "D:" = L"hd"
Converted drive type to new entry HKLM\Software\Wine\Drives "E:" = L"hd"
Converted drive type to new entry HKLM\Software\Wine\Drives "J:" = L"hd"
Converted drive type to new entry HKLM\Software\Wine\Drives "M:" =
L"cdrom"
Converted drive type to new entry HKLM\Software\Wine\Drives "N:" =
L"cdrom"
Converted drive type to new entry HKLM\Software\Wine\Drives "X:" = L"hd"
Converted drive type to new entry HKLM\Software\Wine\Drives "Y:" =
L"network"
Converted drive type to new entry HKLM\Software\Wine\Drives "Z:" = L"hd"
err:shell:SHGetFolderPathW Failed to create directory 'L"E:
\\WINNT\\Application
Data"'.
err:dc:CreateDCW no driver found for L"WINEPS"
fixme:storage:StgCreateDocfile Transacted mode not implemented.
fixme:font:GetCharacterPlacementW flags 0x00000012 ignored
fixme:font:GetCharacterPlacementW classes not implemented
fixme:font:GetCharacterPlacementW flags 0x00000012 ignored
fixme:font:GetCharacterPlacementW classes not implemented

The last two lines appears many, many times. I think every time the
"reverse text" appears.