Error in running window application

bhattadatabase bhattadatabase at indiatimes.com
Sat May 22 03:49:10 CDT 2004

I upgraded wine with  wine-20040505-1fc1winehq.i686.rpm.

But after installation , when i tried to run wine it tells "segmentation fault".
when i tried to get wine status , it tells

"Wine binary format handlers are registered."

Now i am not able to run wine

What i have to do now.

Thanks
Manoj

"Bill Medland"<billmedland at mercuryspeed.com> wrote:
On May 21, 2004 01:32 am, bhattadatabase wrote:
> Hi List
>
> I am newbie ti wine . i am using wine 20030408 version.

That is rather old.  I suggest you try and get hold of a much newer version.
(Not that the problem has anything to do with the age of your wine but quite a
lot has changed in the past year)

> When i run an window aplication.
> I got the following error message .
> Did any one get this type of message.
>
> err:module:import_dll Module (file) MSVBVM60.DLL (which is needed by
> F:\temp\screen_effects.exe) not found

The program is almost certainly a Visual Basic program, and is asking for the
Microsoft Visual Basic support libraries.  You will need to get hold of a
copy of that DLL and install it in the Windows System directory.

> Could anyone tell me how to overcome this problem.
>

> Thanks
> Manoj
>
> Get Your Private, Free E-mail from Indiatimes at
> http://email.indiatimes.com
>
>  Buy The Best In BOOKS at http://www.bestsellers.indiatimes.com
>
> Bid for for Air Tickets @ Re.1 on Air Sahara Flights. Just log on to
> http://airsahara.indiatimes.com and Bid Now!