InstallShield woes

Sven Paschukat Sven.Paschukat at t-online.de
Fri May 28 15:42:44 CDT 2004

Hello,

I had same problem with a Red Hat Workstation on a very slow machine.
Don't think it's a general problem, because same app installs fine on
SuSE and Debian.

When i slows down another machine dramatically, the problem comes on
SuSE too, but the error code is not the same.

I stopped determining the problem when discovering that it only occurs
during first X session after booting. When i logged out and in again, it
works :-)

It was an installshield 6.3 app and i can provide a setup for
reproducing, if wanted by the developers.

Greetings from Hamburg
Sven