Direct X - Wine 20040213

Mark Knecht mknecht at controlnet.com
Sun May 30 14:23:23 CDT 2004

Duane Clark wrote:

> In Wine/DirectX "years", 20040213 is almost an antique. The DirectX code
> has really been changing that fast recently. There have already been
> some "big jumps" in Direct X support.

Duane,
    I tried the most recent Gentoo ebuild which gives me Wine 20040408,
which is probably still a bit old, but ran into two unmet dependencies:

Internet Explorer 4.0 or higher
Direct X 8.1 or higher

I guess I can find some way to get Internet Explorer installed if that's
really required, but I'm surprised at the DX 8.1 failure. I guess this
goes back to my first question. What level does Wine tell Windows that
it's got installed?

Would I do better with a CVS download?

Thanks,
Mark