Direct X - Wine 20040213

Mark Knecht mknecht at controlnet.com
Mon May 31 13:40:15 CDT 2004

Ivan wrote:
>>I think I can get IE from installing M$ Office, but I'm not sure if
>>sandard Wine does that. Does it?
>
> AFAIK Office uses the standard IE installer, try using the other methods, also
> try the various methods for ie 5.5
>
> Ivan.

Ivan,
    I got Wine 20040505 from CVS to install Office 2000. The
installation went fine but none of the apps work correctly. They all
crash. This is a Linux only Wine installation. I don't really know how
to do a Wine with Windows instalation. I guess I'll read about that one
of these days if I get some time.

    I think this isn't going to work for what I wanted to do. (The audio
app that needs Direct X and IE.)

    Thanks very, very much for all your help. I do appreciate it. I'll
keep poking around but I'm not going to spend much more time on this.
Using real Windows is so much easier.

Cheers,
Mark