[Wine]Quicken fonts

Marc Williams marcw at onlymooo.com
Wed Nov 3 10:18:44 CST 2004

Mark Knecht wrote:
> Yeah, sorry. That's clearly too much stuff to find what you are
> looking for. My idea was that possibly you don't have a specific font
> installed that Quicken is looking for so Wine is having to do some
> sort of substitution for it. If you're up for it you might try
> something more like:
>
> WINEDEBUG=warn+font wine quicken
>
> or
>
> WINEDEBUG=err+font wine quicken

Actually, I believe that appropriately grepping my saved 53MB file would
accomplish the same thing, yes?  If so, here is the output, which
conveniently combines "warn" and "err" (again, sorry about any poor
wrapping):

[marcw at fred marcw]$ grep -i err q20*
warn:font:AddFontFileToList Unable to load font file
"/usr/share/fonts/msfonts/fonts.scale" err = 2
warn:font:AddFontFileToList Unable to load font file
"/usr/share/fonts/msfonts/fonts.cache-1" err = 2
warn:font:AddFontFileToList Unable to load font file
"/usr/share/fonts/msfonts/fonts.dir" err = 2
warn:font:AddFontFileToList Unable to load font file
"/usr/share/fonts/msfonts-style/fonts.scale" err = 2
warn:font:AddFontFileToList Unable to load font file
"/usr/share/fonts/msfonts-style/fonts.cache-1" err = 2
warn:font:AddFontFileToList Unable to load font file
"/usr/share/fonts/msfonts-style/fonts.dir" err = 2
err:dc:DCE_FreeWindowDCE [0x100ac] GetDC() without ReleaseDC()!
err:dc:DCE_FreeWindowDCE [0x10026] GetDC() without ReleaseDC()!
err:dc:DCE_FreeWindowDCE [0x10024] GetDC() without ReleaseDC()!
err:dc:DCE_FreeWindowDCE [0x10024] GetDC() without ReleaseDC()!

I'm pretty sure that I can safely ignore the first 6 items.  But the
last 4 lines have me stumped.  I have no idea what I'm looking at or
even if they are related to my original problem.

And thanks again for your responses.  You may be an "uber-beginner" but
I'm an uber moron, at least when it comes to Wine.