[Wine]Quicken fonts

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 12:13:21 CST 2004

On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 11:57:42 -0600, Marc Williams <marcw at onlymooo.com> wrote:
> Mark Knecht wrote:

> > Well, I think you're right, although that would only get one line
> > second line.
> >

> You're right, of course.  So just to check, I ran the above two
> WINEDEBUGs.  Unfortunately, the results were identical to the grep
> output.  So we didn't learn anything new there.

<SNIP>

> The reason that I said that they were likely unimportant is that I
> believe that they are merely idicies for the real fonts that are
> contained in those directories.  Elsewhere in that large debug file, it
> appears as though the real fonts in that same dir are being loaded just
> fine.
>

> > BTW - Have you read the Wine Users manual about setting up font
> > servers, etc.? This could be part of the problem. I run Quicken under
> > Crossover Office and I think they did much of this for me. I'm having
> > some font problems with other programs under Wine and was trying to
> > understand if this font server stuff was a requirement, a suggestion,
> > or just info...
> >

> Yes.  And I currently am already doing just that.  Fedora Core2 already
> has a font server so I had added a bunch of MS fonts long ago for an
> entirely different purpose, unrelated to wine.
>
> > Blind leading the blind...
>
> I know what you mean.  Thanks anyway.

OK - So I am in a 'let's see what actually works under wine-20041019'
mood this week. I've currently had VERY little luck getting anything
to run, but I've been trying lots of things people don't use a lot:

Reaktor Session
Myst
Riven
Roller Coaster Tycoon
Quake
GigaSampler
GigaStudio 96
Caesar 3

Of those only Caesar 3 works correctly.

I have a copy of Quicken 2001 here in my binder. I'll try installing
it and seeing what happens. I normally run Q2004 Premier Edition under
Crossover Office, but I used to run Q2001. If I have the problem we
learn something, and if I don't have the problem we can try to figure
out what's different about our systems..

Give me a few hours...

- Mark