[Wine]Error writing temporary file. Make sure your temp folder is valid.

Olive Esseret olive_esseret at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 10 04:29:21 CST 2004

Dan O wrote:
> "Error writing temporary file. Make sure your temp folder is valid."
>
> Can someone help out with this one? I have been trying to figure it out all
> day :(
>
> I have installed from the newest RPM for SuSE 9.1, and get the above as any
> user. I suspect there is something to be changed in the config file, but I
> have no idea where to start.
>
> Thanks All,

Edit your wine configuration file; normally ~/.wine/config and see the
following section

[wine]
"Temp" = "c:\\windows\\temp"

You must point to an existing directory where you have write permission.
In this example temp point to the normal temp dir of windows. You can
use win path (with double backslaches) or linux paths;

Olive