[Wine]Does a user need to join wine-devel?

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 13:45:10 CST 2004

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 19:22:04 +0000, Mike Hearn <mike at navi.cx> wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 18:03:55 -0800, Mark Knecht wrote:
> > Mike,
> >    There are no errors in the file but there are two warning. These
> > warnings seem to be pretty standard for a lot of my problems with Wine
> > so maybe that's a partial clue. On the idea that the problem is
> > somewhere near the end of the file I've attached the last 50 or so
> > lines. If you need the whole file (About 400 lines) then let me know.
>
> Yeah, the log as posted doesn't say much. You really need to look at where
> the DLL was loaded when the app blew up, you can add +msgbox to see when
> it displays the error dialog.

I was assuming that the point where the log said that it couldn't
evaluate the path was the problem. I guess not.

> I don't have time right now to analyse every log sent to me, sorry. I'm
> happy to show you what to do though.

We're in agreement. I don't want you to evaluate the log. I'm
interested in doing it myself and happy to do what is within my
capabilities. I'm hopeful that you'll give me pointers so I can learn
to go faster.

I was wondering if there is any way to put a marker in the log file to
identify when I'm doing something specific with the mouse or keyboard?
Is there some sort of hot-key that I can do this from the keyboard to
make when I'm doing a specific action? That would help I think.

I'll get back to you with more info later.

thanks very much,
Mark