[Wine]Buggy libXrender.so?

Walt Ogburn reuben at ugcs.caltech.edu
Wed Nov 17 12:13:00 CST 2004

Hi Martin,

Thoughts from the peanut gallery...

I don't think that Wine is trying to open anything r/w in /usr/lib!  Your
user shouldn't have write privileges for files in /usr/lib, even if the
mount was r/w.

Maybe it's just that something has changed in xorg.  You might consider
trying to find where in the Wine sources that error message comes from,
and seeing what's involved in the "buggy version" detection.

You might have better luck with these questions on wine-devel.

Good luck,
- Walter